Tuesday, January 20, 2015

God Be With You Till We Meet Again

Hello everyone!
One last email as Sister Checketts.... I don't even know where to begin.
This has been the most incredible 18 months of my life. I have met SO many people that have made SO MANY imprints on my heart that will NEVER leave. I have seen the gospel IN ACTION-- every day of these 18 months. I have seen people completely change their life around because they came to the realization that GOD LOVES THEM. And that is the most important thing to know and realize. I know that is the #1 thing that our Heavenly Father wants each of us to know.
 
HE LOVES YOU.
And he SHOWS you that love EVERY DAY of our lives--- just look!
 
I love my Savior, Jesus Christ more than I ever, because I feel I have walked as Jesus walked. I've experienced heartache more than I ever thought possible, and joy beyond my wildest imaginations-- all because of the LOVE I have felt that He has for everyone I've had the privilege of serving.... Love is powerful.
 
It's funny, because I don't feel like I have done a ton out here.. I have seen AMAZING things come to pass, but it wasn't me... at all. I guess I have come to understand Alma's words when he says
 
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory‍ of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." (Alma 29:9)
 
I have been an INSTRUMENT, and I feel I've been changed so much because of things I've had the opportunity to WITNESS and be a part of-- but I didn't do it, IT WAS GOD.
 
I testify that He has a plan for each of you!!!!! HE KNOWS. He knows exactly what is happening and He hasn't left you alone. You can know His plan for you too, as you align ourselves with the spirit and take time to LISTEN.
 
There are so many life lessons I've learned... I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll spend the rest of my life telling the stories I have been a part of and the lessons I have been taught.
 
I'll just leave you with two scriptures that have come to mean a lot to me this last week
 
#1 Mosiah 5:12-13:
 
"I say unto you, I would that ye should remember to retain‍ the name written always in your hearts, that ye are not found on the left hand of God, but that ye hear and know the voice by which ye shall be called, and also, the name by which he shall call you.

 For how knoweth‍ a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?"

This missionary badge is going to come off tomorrow, but only from my clothing. NEVER from my heart. I KNOW my Savior more now, because I have SERVED Him. He knows our hearts, and we need to realized what it is that we desire, so they might be as His. Remember. "Satan knows your name, but calls you by your sins. And God knows your sins, but calls you by your name."

and

Alma 7:7
 
"For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time‍ is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people."
 
I know for a fact that there are "many things to come" in the future. Elder Holland always says, "the best is yet to be!". But it is my prayer that no matter what any of us have ahead of us, that we WILL remember and have our motives always centered on the thing which is of more importance than they all.
 
Our Savior is coming, and His work is and ever will be moving forward. And I say this, in the name of my beloved Savior, friend, and Brother, Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Thank you for everything!!!!!!! I'm excited to hug many of you...even TOMOROW!!! That's insane....
 
I'll let you know,
  • my plane flies in at 10:30, and...
  • my homecoming will be in Clinton, Utah around 2:40 THIS SUNDAY!!!
  • my email address that you need to email now is meg.checketts@gmail.com
 
Have a great week!!
Forever and always
Sister Checketts
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment