Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Multitude of His Tender Mercies

Hello all!! :)

Oh how I love you:) I have heard great things about those in Nebraska over the last couple of weeks. I know y'all are doing incredible things!!

These last 2 weeks have been INSANE.

We've picked up another friend from the airport! Yup, Brad is home!

And I've been through the temple to see 2 of my cousins receive their endowment. That was the greatest day! My cousin got called to Nashville Tennessee :)

Had a super hilarious Valentine's Day experience! I was babysitting my niece and nephew the night before Valentine's Day. We decided to order a small papa johns pizza to share. The whole week of valentines, I had been handing out just the cute valentine cards that you get at Walmart to friends and strangers that I met, so I decided to give one to the pizza delivery person when then came. He acted really surprised and it made him smile a little brighter, so that was cool! We went on with our night, when my brother and sister-in-law got home, they said they had found flowers on the porch for me. FROM THE PIZZA GUY! Hahaha it was so funny. So needless to say I have a new friend! We went to nickelcade last night- wow has that place gone down-hill...
Anyway, my testimony got warmer that night of the tender mercies of the Lord when we try to reach out to others.

Had more tender mercies this week!! I cannot express how much I KNOW the Lord is aware of us and our situations.
I went to a 7am institute class on a day this last week. It was a good class, and then I headed to work after. I got to work pretty early, so I decided to wait a little longer in the parking lot and read some scriptures while I was there. I read for about 20 minutes then went into work. I went to go get the mail, when a familiar car parked RIGHT in front of my path! It was a friend I knew that I hadn't talked to since I got home. So we were able to catch up. And WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT??? at 8:30 on a Friday morning in the middle of Layton. And we're both from way out west. And they happened to be going to a random store RIGHT next to my brothers office. There are no coincidences. If I hadn't have taken the time right then to read scriptures, we never would have ran into each other.

Heavenly Father knows. Follow the spirit. Sometimes you follow the spirit without even realizing it. I promise that if you stick to the mission rules, and doing those things that will strengthen your faith, you won't need to worry about following the spirit, because it will come naturally. It will be a part of who you are.

I heard some news this week about some investigators and less-actives that I worked with. One of them dearly passed away this last week. How grateful I am for the plan of salvation and that we have the opportunity to share it with others. We can be there for others to help and comfort them. Following the plan of our Father in Heaven is ALWAYS a win win situation. We are blessed for helping others, and they receive help from us and we both receive feelings of peace and joy. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to know Nancy.

I'm so grateful for the positive influences that I have around me. And for your examples and all that you continue to do each day. Be positive!! BE HAPPY!!!- Sister Tourtillott and I's theme, I feel! I can't express how much it is YOUR decision to change, and yours alone. Let your mission change you. And use this time to face every fear you've ever had. You're stronger than you realize.
As president told me before I left. "Always remember that Satan has been given power to tempt you. God gave Him that power. But our Father in Heaven has GREATER power."
You can, WITH HIM, overcome anything. Don't sell yourself short. You are a child of GOD. An heir to the throne of Heaven. And so are your less-actives and investigators.

Keep going! And don't ever give yourself the option to give up. You gain the most muscle and strength, from UPHILL climbs.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment