Monday, March 16, 2015

Find Joy in the Journey

Hey all! I haven't heard from some of you in a little while, so make sure my email for you is correct, meg.checketts@gmail.com :)

Happy Monday!! I love fresh starts to the week:) I hope yours feels as good as mine!

First off, this week I'm welcoming my cousin Elder Jessie Zuniga, and my favorite senior couple, the Johnstun's to the mission field!! So exciting:):)

How grateful I am for the sabbath day, that we can be wiped clean of the week before us and completely start out new. It's the best feeling!

I had to speak TWICE yesterday, and boy was I exhausted.. Hah my main focus in one of the two talks was about finding joy in the journey. It is so important for us not to worry and stress about the things we cannot control, or the things that have already happened. We simply need to be ourself, and enjoy every moment. Trusting that there is a reason that things worked out the way they did.

I think yesterday was the first whole day that I can say I'm feeling like I know how to do this real life stuff. I feel like I'm following promptings and that I am where I need to be. I finally feel like I have the hang of things:) YAY. It o lay took 2 months.. Hah

I am so grateful for my calling- and I know the Lord calls us exactly where we need to be. I think that is what has helped me the most. I have been crazy busy doing relief society stuff and I am soooooo looking forward to the amazing things we have planned in the upcoming months! :):) so excited.

I am so excited for you and all the things you encounter everyday! Keep that smile on your face!!

This last week my family and I went to go see the new Cinderella. SO good. Add that to your post-mission list. "Have courage and be kind"

I also got to hang out with some mission buddies!! Dylan Johnson and Megan McCauley. We miss y'all so much:) that was the funnest day ever!! Haha we went out to antelope island and did absolutely nothing all day except laugh our guts out. So. Much. Fun.

Also said goodbye to some of my greatest role models yesterday. They've been in the MTC for 5 days and this morning they headed off to serve the Lord in the Rostov Russia mission as the greatest senior couple ever! The Johnstuns.

The temple is the most amazing place!! And the gospel is the most important thing:) ohhhhh how I love it!

So that's my week! I'm excited to hear about yours!!
-Megan Checketts

Goldsberry-- how many days until conference? ;) keep pushing, girl!!:):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment